Executive Education Events
ERM Executive Education
Expectations for executive and boards of director oversight of enterprise-wide risks continue to increase at a rapid pace. Those charged with oversight often struggle to identify effective ways to manage the complex portfolio of risks facing today’s enterprises in a cost-effective but strategic ways.
To help executives and boards exceed expectations for more effective top-down risk oversight, the ERM Initiative periodically offers short executive education workshops designed to not only provide an overview of the conceptual underpinnings of ERM but also expose participants to useful ERM tools and templates that can be customized for unique aspects of any organization’s environment.
Executive education offerings include courses on ERM fundamentals, in addition to more advanced ERM related topic areas. Participants also benefit from the opportunity to network with others charged with enterprise-wide risk oversight.
Topics Often Covered in Programs Include:
- Strengthening the role of the board of directors and audit committees in enterprise risk oversight
- Integrating strategic planning and enterprise-wide risk oversight
- Understanding the fundamentals of ERM versus traditional risk management
- Defining initial simple steps to launching an enterprise-wide perspective of risk management
- Developing key risk indicators for monitoring emerging risks affecting strategy and value
Faculty who lead the ERM Initiative are regularly involved in providing custom education, training, and coaching related to enterprise risk oversight for executives and boards of directors for all types of organizations. Learn more about these opportunities.
Date of Event: March 20-21, 2014
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina