Associate Professor, IT, Graduate Faculty
Education: Ph.D., Case Western Reserve Univ., 1997
Office Location: 3122 Nelson
Department / Affiliations
Department of Business Management
Health Care IT and Disparities, Data Management, STEM Issues, Diversity and Systems Implementation
Selected Research Publications
- Health Care IT: Process, People, Patients and Interdisciplinary Considerations (with G. Pare, C. Le Rouge and M. Reddy), 2011, Journal of the Association for Information Systems: Vol. 12: Iss. 2, Article 4. (Download) (Press Release)
- Modeling the Impact of Comorbitity on Breast Cancer Patient Outcomes (with S. Zhang and J. Ivy), Health Care Management Science, Published Online, November 2009 (Cited in MDLinx)
- Testing Integrative Technology (Telemedicine) Acceptance Models Among Ethiopian Physicians (with K. Mengistu, P. Meso and V. Mbarika), Telemedicine and e-Health, 2010, 16(3), 327-343. (Download)
- Analytics – Addressing Services and Care Delivery Among HIV Cases, Journal of Health Disparities Research and Practice, (3:2), 13-33,Fall 2009 Issue.(Press Release)
- Gendered Perspectives on the Digital Divide, IT Education and Workforce Participation in Kenya (with L. Kvasny, V. Mbarika and A. Amadi), IEEE Transactions on Education, Forthcoming.
- Contemplating Public Policy in AIDS/HIV Online Content, Then Where is the Technology Spirit? (with J. Kiwanuka-Tondo), European Journal of Information Systems, 2009, 18, 192-204.
- Gary Dickson Exemplar: Applying IRSS Psychology Discourse, Communications of the AIS Special Issue Honoring the Contribution of Dickson to Student and Colleague Mentoring, Forthcoming
- The Case of Women and IT in Sub-Saharan Africa: Education Issues Abound (with V. Mbarika, L. Kvasny & A. Amadi) – The Information Society, 2007 (23), 1-18.
- Health Care and Banking Professionals: Will They Protect Your Privacy? (with J. Earp) – Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, 2006 (16:2), 105-122
- Telemedicine Diffusion in a Developing Country: The Case of India (with V. Mbarika, A. Pal and P. Datta), IEEE Transactions on IT in Biomedicine, 2005 (9:1), 59-65.
- Using IRSS Psychology Theory to Understand the Experiences of Under-represented Faculty in the IS/IT Domain (with V. Mbarika and S. D. White), Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, 2006 (4:2), 191-213.
- A Re-Examination of RacioEthnic Imbalance of IS Doctorates: Changing the Face of the IS Classroom (with S. White and V. Mbarika), Journal of the AIS, 2005 (6:1), 37-51. h4. Reviewed Book Chapters
- Analytics – Unpacking Hidden Knowledge of Social Exclusion in the AIDS/HIV Black Community, Forthcoming, Encyclopaedia of Healthcare Information Systems, editors Nilmini Wickramasinghe and Elie Geisler.
- Digital Divide or Digital Equity: Other Considerations?, Forthcoming, in International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, 2nd Edition, editor William A. Darity.
- Minorities and Information Technology: Critical Issues and Trends in Digital Divide Research (with L. Kvasny), Forthcoming, In Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, 2nd Edition, editor Mehdi Khosrow-Pour.