Professor, Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor of Economics, Graduate Faculty
Education: Ph.D., Princeton University, 1974
Office Location: 4170 Nelson Hall
Department / Affiliations
Department of Economics
Monetary Policy and the Federal Reserve
Selected Research Publications
- Lapp, John S. Douglas K. Pearce and Surachit Laksanasut, “The Predictability of FOMC Decisions: Evidence from the Volcker and Greenspan Chairmanships,” Southern Economic Journal, October 2003, pp. 312-327.
- Lapp, John S. and Douglas K. Pearce, “Does a Bias in FOMC Policy Directives Help Predict Inter-Meeting Policy Changes?” Journal of Money Credit and Banking, August 2000 Part 1, pp 435 – 441.
- Lapp, John S., “Interest Rates, Rate Spreads, and Economic Activity,” Contemporary Economic Policy, Vol. XV, No. 3, July 1997, pp. 42-50.
- Lapp, John S. and Vincent H. Smith, “Aggregate Sources of Relative Price Variability Among Agricultural Commodities,” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 74, 1992, pp. 1-9.
- Lapp, John S., “Relative Agricultural Prices and Monetary Policy,” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 72 (1990): 622-630.