Associate Professor, Owens Scholar of Finance, Finance, Graduate Faculty
Education: Ph.D., Purdue University, 2001
Office Location: 1308 Nelson
Department / Affiliations
Department of Business Management
Selected Research Publications
- Walker, M. D., Ahn, S. (2007). Corporate Governance and the Spinoff Decision. Journal of Corporate Finance, 13, 76-93.
- Walker, M. D., Lundstrum, L. L. (2006). LEAPS Introductions and the Value of the Underlying Stocks. Journal of Financial Intermediation, 15, 494-510.
- “Industrial Groups and Investment Efficiency” , Journal of Business, 2005, 78, 1973-2002.
- “Analyzing Stock Market Volatility Using Extreme Day Measures” with Charles P. Jones and Jack W. Wilson , Journal of Financial Research, 2004, 27, 585-601.
- “Pension Surpluses, Corporate Earnings, and Expected Return Assumptions” with Charles P. Jones, Journal of IInvesting, 2003, 12, 25-32. – abstracted in CFA Digest, 2004, 34, 52-54.