Professor, Emeritus, Graduate Faculty
Education: Ph.D., University of Washington, 1978
Office Location: 4116 Nelson (Economics Wing)
Department / Affiliations
Department of Economics
Natural Resource and Environmental Economics
Selected Research Publications
- “Economic Characterization of Ecosystem Services and the Costs of Development”, Land Economics, forthcoming. (with Daniel J. Phaneuf, V. Kerry Smith, and Jaren C. Pope)
- “Estimating The Effects Of Urban Residential Development On Water Quality Using Microdata”, Journal of Environmental Management, 2006, 79, 399-408. (with Mary Atasoy and Daniel J. Phaneuf)
- “Weak Complementarity, Path Independence, and the Intuition of the Willig Condition,” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2005, 49, 103-115.
- “Property Value Models,” in Karl-Göran Mäler and Jefferey Vincent, eds., Handbook of Environmental Economics, volume 2, Elsevier North Holland, 2004.
- “The Use of Hedonic Property Value Techniques for Policy and Litigation,” in Tom Tietenberg and Henk Folmer, eds., International Yearbook of Environmental and Resource Economics 2002/2003, Edward Elgar, 2002, 115-164 (with V. Kerry Smith).
- “Hog Operations, Environmental Effects, and Residential Property Values,” Land Economics, February 1997, 114-124 (with Fritz M. Roka and Tomislav Vukina).
- “Valuing Localized Externalities,” Journal of Urban Economics, January 1992, 31, 59-68.
- “Hedonic Methods,” in Braden, John B., and Charles D. Kolstad, eds., Measuring the Demand for Environmental Quality, North Holland, 1991, 77-120.
- “Estimating the Demand for the Characteristics of Housing,” Review of Economics and Statistics, August 1984, 66, 394-404.
- “Measuring Environmental Effects on Property Values without Hedonic Regressions,” Journal of Urban Economics, May 1982, 11, 333-347.
- “The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semi logarithmic Equations,” American Economic Review, June 1980, 70, 474-475 (with Robert Halvorsen).